Today’s Best Tech Deals
Picked by PCWorld’s Editors
Top Deals On Great Products
Picked by Techconnect’s Editors
Our comprehensive Radeon RX 6700 XT evaluation tells you everything you need to know about AMD’s just-launched graphics card, including performance results with Smart Access Memory and real-time ray tracing active. But if you want to dive even deeper, don’t miss PCWorld’s exclusive interview with Radeon chief Scott Herkelman below.
Scott’s no stranger to the show, and he returned to answer well over an hour’s worth of questions about AMD’s latest RDNA 2 GPU from both us and the live audience. During the course of the interview he provided fresh insight into AMD’s forthcoming FidelityFX Super Resolution feature and other topics, like:
- What AMD is doing to get more GPUs in the hands of gamers
- The importance of Infinity Cache for gamers (and why miners hate it)
- How the Radeon RX 6700 XT hit its ludicrous 2.4GHz speeds
- Why the Radeon RX 6700 XT costs $480
- AMD’s mindset around ray tracing
- An update on FidelityFX Super Resolution, AMD’s DLSS rival, and why it might not necessary need machine learning to work
- The benefits of AMD separating its RDNA and CDNA GPU families
- Why miners should go buy GeForce first
- Whether he can play Oasis’s Wonderwall on that guitar
- …and more!
Witness it all in the video embedded below:
If you don’t want to miss cool interviews or future episodes of The Full Nerd live, be sure to follow PCWorld’s YouTube channel. You can also subscribe to The Full Nerd in iTunes (please leave a review if you enjoy the show). We’re also on Pocket Casts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or you can point your favorite podcast-savvy RSS reader to: https://feeds.megaphone.fm/IDG8935300959
If you want to wear your geekiness on your sleeve, check out our Full Nerd shirts, hoodies, and mousepads. We’ve got Full Nerd hats and beanies, too! And since someone asked, you can buy Scott’s nifty RDNA 2 shirt here.
Have a PC- or gaming-related question? Email [email protected] and we’ll try to answer it in the next episode. You can also join the PC-related discussions and ask us questions on The Full Nerd’s Discord server. Finally, be sure to follow PCWorld on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch to watch future episodes live and pick our brains in real time!
Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. Read our affiliate link policy for more details.
Senior editor Brad Chacos covers gaming and graphics for PCWorld, and runs the morning news desk for PCWorld, Macworld, Greenbot, and TechHive. He tweets too.